I have tried tens of bluetooth headsets over the years and this one is by far my favorite. It is so good, I don’t think I will actually buy the Apple AirPods. For serious music, I don’t think the AirPods will be that great (compared to my Etymotics), and as a wireless headset, the Voyager Edge rocks very similar features.
- The sound quality, outgoing as well as incoming, is fantastic. I actually left myself a few voicemails to compare with and without the headset and I actually think it sounds better than speaking into the phone directly!
- In terms of the listening experience, the sound it very natural, and works great for listening to podcasts and apps like NPR One.
- It is very comfortable. I find myself just leaving it in my ear after a call, especially since it doesn’t block your ear canal, so you can still hear everything around you.
- There is a very convenient mute button on the boom. It is separate from the on/off/answer button and works very well.
- The little charging station is brilliant. Quickly charges the headset and nice to have that in your backpack.
- Love the feature where music pauses and plays automatically when you remove it or insert it into your ear. Same for answering a call… you just put it in your ear and it picks up the call and routes to the headset. If it is not in your ear, sound goes to the iPhone.
- Battery life is ok, not great. On standby, it lasts very long. During use, it seems to survive 4-5 hours of use.