After listening to many different headphones over the last few months, I finally bought a pair of these Beoplays (second hand on Amazon… spotless, and at a 40% discount!). A few things I really like about them:
- The sound is really open, balanced and smooth. I was surprised that a closed headphone would sound so light and open. Feels like the best of both worlds: the isolation of a closed over-the-ear headset, but with the airiness of an open headset.
- I read reviews about them being a bit shy on the bass. The bass is plenty for me, and they really open up when hooked up to the Meridian Explorer DAC (see below)
- Ok, they look awesome
- Very light – makes it comfortable to wear for hours at a time
- The lamb skin leather ear cups are buttery smooth. Reminds me of the B&W P5.
- I actually like the fact that it is not black
- Good cable. No cable noise. Has a microphone in-line…
I spent all day on conference calls with this headset and everyone said it sounded fine. But more importantly, it made me feel like I was much more immersed in the conversation.